Sunday, July 09, 2006

Interface/off

Yeah, that entry title has nothing to do with much other than being a pointless pun on the word "interface" and the film "Face/Off" (and as if it wasn't pointless enough to begin with, I've just exacerbated the the whole pointlessness with a pointless explanation).

I've been working on Scrivener for most of the day again today, mainly on the inspector, and I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm looking forward to the holidays when I might be able to put in enough time to get it towards a release state... Anyway, another screenshot - as you can see from the improved image view, I decided against dropping multi-media support:



I think it's fair to say that no one can say it looks like a "dirty pancake" (as some wise-ass once described a small Windows utility I created long ago...).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's looking great. And thanks for keeping the multimedia support.

I've spent an intensive weekend of writing. As of tomorrow, I'll have been using Scrivener Gold for one week. It is, hands down, the best, most intuitive writing tool I've ever used.

2:24 pm  
Blogger kayembi said...

Thanks for the kind comments. The next version should hopefully be even more intuitive... :)

4:44 pm  
Blogger Alexandria said...

Quite lovely!!! Really lovely. I especially love seeing that nice media image in the middle of it all! :-) Definitely glad to hear you are keeping the multimedia support. After reading your blog, I can see why. You totally get it about how many of us do research!

9:12 pm  
Blogger Josh said...

Looks terrific. Very glad to see multimedia survived!

One thing to think about (although perhaps not for 1.0): Continuing the split-screen metaphor onto the full-screen view. If I'm writing an article, I typically have a notes file and a story file, and I'd love to be able to have them side-by-side while still stripping away all the chrome/UI/distractions in the way full-screen can.

Anyway, just an idea to file away...

2:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of extending the split screen to the full screen as well, and I would certainly make use of it. I think, though, that it really would be a post-1.0 feature.

1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home